Left-handed. Bespectacled. Awesome.
Below are a couple of "fun facts" about me beyond what is written in the Bio section, if you are interested in that sort of thing.
Believe it or not, this has been the most challenging section of my website to finish. I could have just casually deleted the link from my navigation panel -- but I don't back down from a challenge! (Unless it involves facing one of my phobias. I have my limits.) Luckily, I don't anticipate very many visits to this particular page, sooo... without further ado:
- One of my phobias: Heights.
- For most of my adult life, I thought I was 5'2". I am not.
- Left-handed and proud.
- I can listen to the same song 12 times in a row - and I often do. I also re-read the same books and replay the same video games such that I've done all of the above at least twice.
- I am attached to social media. I am probably Tweeting about this right now.
- Spanish was my first language, but I don’t speak it much anymore.
- When I was 20, I took up Polish for fun but stopped practicing when I moved to Massachusetts.
- My Myslovitz fandom landed me in Poland's Gazeta Wyborcza and on the cover of Myslovitz' "Best Of" album (along with a hundred other fans).
- My favorite color has been green for awhile, particularly lime green, but a close second would be EVERY BOLD, OBNOXIOUS COLOR IN THE SPECTRUM.
- I started playing piano at age 4 and abruptly gave it up forever when I was 12.
- I'm always running late (Cuban Time), so I lie to myself about when I'm supposed to be somewhere in order to show up on time.
- One old-fashioned thing I still do is memorize phone numbers... but only the important ones.
- When I'm driving, I will not answer your text or pick up your call. I get unreasonably anxious or angry when other people are on their phones, iPods, or whatever when I'm a passenger in their car.
- If it was socially acceptable, hygenic, and safe to be barefoot all day, I'd forgo shoes long term.
- When I was 20, I studied abroad in Italy for a month. I talk about it as though I just got back; it was one of the best experiences of my life.
- My favorite punctuation mark is the semicolon. I liked it before it became trendy (if that matters). (I know it doesn't. Don't judge me.)
- I don't hate talking to people, but I am really, really bad at it.
- I lived without television from 2014 - 2016 and got all my news from Boston NPR.
- If you start a sentence with, “Remember that movie…” then the answer is probably “No”.
- I make a terrible roommate because I am extremely messy, gross, and dislike wearing pants. (So, note to my friends, don't randomly drop by and visit without letting me know in enough time for me to find a pair of pants to put on. There are some things you can't unsee.)
- I have an irrational fear of getting mauled by a bear whenever I'm in the woods, near the woods, or thinking about the woods.
- I have a rational fear of my friends outgrowing our friendship.
- I am a big fan of They Might Be Giants, and John Flansburgh is my favorite living celebrity. Once, he inboxed me a recipe for steak Diane on Tumblr after we had a very random conversation about food in general.
- Traditional compliments tend to annoy me. Incidentally, comments that people might view as mildly insulting melt my icy little heart.
- Before I die, hopefully significantly before the event, I would like someone other than myself to have bought and read something I have written. Bonus points if it doesn't end up a one-star review on Amazon.
- BONUS: I forgot to mention that I cry whenever I hear "Stand By Me" and I am convinced my asshole BFF, who is literally the only one who ever reads this list, wants to test this theory.